Live without borders

A Slovakian Temporary Residence Permit is the document, issued to foreigners, which gives you opportunities to immigrate, live and work in Slovakia during the entire time of the document validity.

Anyone arriving in Slovakia with the intention of staying longer than the validity of a tourist visa requires a permit. This must be requested from and issued by the Slovak authorities , you will arrive to Slovakia on a visa based on a sole trader licence.

The permit is different to the standard visa in that it allows the holder to begin the residency application process. This allows you to pursue business activity, purchase property and reside in Slovakia.

Legal Baltic specialists can assist you to prepare all necessary documents needed to obtain a Temporary Residence Permit in Slovakia, based on Company formation and activity as a sole trader. Legal Baltic consultants will answer all questions related with business, residence in Ukraine and procedures in order to obtain it.

To obtain residence permit in Slovakia

Citizens of non-EU countries wishing to stay in Slovakia for more than three months must apply for a Residency Permit Card.

The applicant will apply for a trade licence based on sole trader activities. With the licence the client will become eligible to apply for a visa and temporary residence permit, initially for one year with the possibility of renewal.

Once the necessary documents (trade licence, criminal clearance certificate among others) are gathered in an orderly fashion, the client must go to their nearest Slovakian embassy or representative and apply for the visa and TRP. A decision will be made in no more than 90 days from the day of submission.

Bringing your family to Slovakia with you?

Family members of the applicant who has legally been in Slovakia for one year and has a residence permit for one more year, may apply for a family regrouping visa. In this case your spouse and minor children (under 18) will obtain a residence permit for the same period which your residence permit card is given for and will immigrate to Slovakia together with you. (For example, spouse, common law partner, and dependants, including children under 18 and parents over 65) to join you in Slovakia.

If you want to apply at the same time with a family member who is of legal age, it is recommended to follow the steps of company creation and employment but for more than one applicant, which would mean that your documents would be processed simultaneously and you would be eligible to travel together.

It takes time, effort and money to prepare all needed documents for family reunification, but Legal Baltic managers and consultants will help you to prepare and collect the necessary documents.

Permanent residence permit to live in Slovakia

You can apply for a long-term residence permit if you have resided in Slovakia for 5 years on the basis of temporary residence permit directly before submitting an application for long-term residence permit. You can obtain the Slovakian Passport after 10 years of living in Slovakia.

Apply for Temporary Residence Permit in Slovakia with us and you will be able to work, do business and live in Slovakia freely.

Lawyers of Legal Baltic advise and help to collect all the documents necessary for your residence visa and residence permit in Slovakia. Contact us and we will help you to choose the most convenient version meeting your expectations!

We will provide you with full support, taking into account all your individual requirements. Our services in Slovakia are provided under contract in compliance with the laws of Slovakia. Do not hesitate to contact us if you should be interested.

Do you need free consultation?

drop us a line and keep in touch

Scroll to Top