Live without borders

A Czech Temporary Residence Permit is the document, issued to a citizen of the non-EU country, which gives you opportunities to immigrate, live and work in the Czech Republic and Schengen area countries, during the entire time of the document validity. A temporary residence permit through employment in Czech Republic can be issued for 1 year initially. 

Currently the best option to acquire a residence permit in Czech Republic is via employment. An employee card is most often issued for the duration of the employer-employee relationship, for the validity of recognition of the authority´s decision about employment permit or professional work, but not for more than 2 years, with an option to repeatedly extend its validity.

An employee card is a new type of permit for long-time residence in the territory of the Czech Republic (CR) where the purpose of the foreign national’ stay (longer than 3 months) is employment.

With regard to professional qualifications, an employee card is intended for all types of employment regardless of the level of required professional qualifications. However, the job vacancy for which an application for an employee card can be filed must come from the central register of job vacancies that can be filled by holders of employee cards.

If you are going to work or do business in Czech, we would be glad to assist you with obtainment of national visa and residence permit. Legal Baltic consultants will answer all questions related with employment or business and residence in Czech and procedures in order to obtain it.

To obtain residence permit in Czech

Citizens of non-EU countries wishing to stay in Czech Republic for more than three months must apply for a Residency Permit Card within 30 days of arriving in the country.

The application must be made at the Foreigner’s Office, however in order to do this the applicant must be registered with the foreign police and have the necessary documents in order.

Once the application for a residence permit has been made, a stamped copy of the application is issued; the Residence Card should be issued within one and a half to two months. This is the most effective and reliable way to obtain a residence permit in Czech Republic for Citizens of non-EU countries is through employment in a Czech company.

Bringing your family to Czech Republic with you?

Family members of the applicant who has legally been in Czech Republic and has a valid residence permit, may apply for a family member reunion visa and temporary residence permit. In this case your spouse and minor children (under 18) will obtain a residence permit for the same period which your residence permit card is given for and will immigrate to Czech Republic together with you. (For example, spouse, common law partner, and dependants, including children under 18 and parents over 65) to join you in Czech Republic.

Usually, if a person has already a TRP and works in a Czech company or has its own savings in the bank account it is enough to show for the Czech Republic Migration Department. Moreover, the family can also arrive and visit the family member, with visitor visa.

If you want to apply at the same time with a family member who is of legal age, it is recommended to follow the steps of company creation and employment but for more than one applicant, which would mean that your documents would be processed simultaneously and you would be eligible to travel together.

It takes time, effort and money to prepare all needed documents for family reunification, but Legal Baltic managers and consultants will help you to prepare and collect the necessary documents..

Permanent residence permit to live in Czech Republic

You can apply for a long-term residence permit if you have resided in Czech Republic for 5 years on the basis of temporary residence permit directly before submitting an application for long-term residence permit. You can obtain the Czech Passport after 10 years of living in Czech Republic.

Apply for Temporary Residence Permit in Czech Republic with us and you will be able to work, do business and live in Czech Republic freely.

Lawyers of Legal Baltic advise and help to collect all the documents necessary for your residence visa and residence permit in Czech Republic. Contact us and we will help you to choose the most convenient version meeting your expectations!

We will provide you with full support, taking into account all your individual requirements. Our services in Czech Republic are provided under contract in compliance with the laws of Czech Republic. Do not hesitate to contact us if you should be interested.

Do you need free consultation?

drop us a line and keep in touch

Scroll to Top